2013-08-21

Day 3 - Citrus Chicken and Sweet and Creamy Corn

Today's menu was Citrus Chicken and Sweet and Creamy Corn.

The chicken recipe was a success.  Changes need to be made to the corn recipe.
 

The chicken is to marinate for 15 minutes.  Again, we marinated it a bit longer; however, not overnight -- just about half an hour.


The instructions call for reserving 1 cup of the marinade to create a glaze.


The Sweet and Creamy Corn was simple to make, also. 


I don't like mustard, and I really don't like Dijon mustard.  All I could taste was the mustard.  Mark doesn't like sour cream.  We both rated this recipe as "okay."


I really need to think about serving foods on smaller dishes. This serving looks lost on a standard sized plate.

Because the chicken recipe was for 4 servings, we have an extra serving to use for lunch tomorrow which will work well since tomorrow's dinner is vegetarian. 

One meal a week will be vegetarian -- even if one whole day is not. Although, I hope to work to that goal.  It won't be much of a stretch for me since I very rarely eat meat and generally consider myself an ovo-lacto vegetarian. [This is the most meat that I have eaten in a long time!  But, it is getting in the protein that I need.]



RECIPE MODIFICATIONS: 

CITRUS CHICKEN
No grapefruit juice.  Used orange juice instead. 
No orange juice concentrate.  Used orange juice, added lime juice and some orange extract for a stronger, more tart flavor.

SWEET AND CREAMY CORN:
Regular sour cream instead of fat-free.  (I don't like the taste, and FF usually contains more sugar than normal foods.) 

I thought that there was too much sour cream. Next time, we will reduce the sour cream, and try a yellow mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment